Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fabric Flower Headband & the pumpkin patch

My friend Heather makes these adorable fabric flower onsies and made the sweetest little one for Reese when she was born.  I finally decided to try myself to make her a headband using the same tutorial she uses.  Once I got the hang of it, it was really easy!  Hopefully I can explain it well enough for you guys!  I see many of these in our future!!! :)


cut your strip of fabric to size, I used a 28 in x 4 in piece.  the larger piece you cut, the larger flower you'll get obviously.  iron the edges 1/4 inch down.

fold in half and iron again.

tie a knot at the end.

(this is where it gets hard to explain, i just kept playing around with it until i figured it out and it started to look like i wanted)  roll your fabric around the knot to get it started, then fold and twist your fabric around the knot you started with - you want to fold it in toward, then behind the knot each time.  you sort of want to make sure you fold where there wasn't a fold on the previous layer if that makes sense.

here is the back of my flower to help with explanation.

finished flower!  next i just hand sewed in different places to hold the flower together.  finally i sewed my flower to my headband.  i just used elastic as my headband, but you can also purchase one!
 
here is my sweet girl modeling it on halloween!
 
adorable
 
 

and here we are at the pumpkin patch!







No comments:

Post a Comment