Sunday, May 27, 2012

28 Weeks

Just got back from my 28 week appointment!  Can't believe how fast its going, only 12 weeks give or take left!  I had my glucose screening test to test for gestational diabetes, which entails drinking the infamous sugary drink.  It really did taste like flat orange soda like most people told me and honestly wasn't terrible at all.  I wouldn't have chosen to finish it off after the first sip, but I definitely wasn't choking it down either.  I'm axious to find out my results! 

The appointment went great otherwise.  Sweet baby's heartrate was 141 this time, lower than previously but still perfect.  My blood pressure was great and the doctor said my weight gain was right on track as well - 15 pounds so far!  I had blood drawn at the end for my glucose screen and other screens, such as anemia, so I'll be glad to hear my results on those as well! 

Updated on Wendesday:  I passed!  My blood sugar level was 121 - average range 70-140 for the test!  I am so relieved!  I am very thankful not to have to deal with all that comes along with gestational diabetes.  Especially being married to someone with diabetes, I get to see all he has to do and I'm glad I won't have to prick my finger four times a day, etc..  Corey handles it all so well, I couldn't even tell you a time he's complained about it. 

A couple other things I talked to her about were kick counts and exercise.  She suggested I stop doing ab work now that I'm in my third trimester.  She also told me to start counting baby movements!  She asked me to do it twice a day, morning and night, and see how long it takes to get 10 kicks.  She said the goal is to get 10 in an hour.  She suggested doing this after a meal, or another time while baby is active.  Obviously they don't expect her to be moving constantly all day.  This is just to check for decreased fetal movement which can indicate she is stressed in there. 

I am starting to feel more connected to baby lately.  I just can't wait to see what she looks like and what her little personality is like.  Its still so strange that someday in the near future Corey and I will walk into the hospital just the two of us and walk out as a family of three.  I know she's in there and I feel her all day, but its still going to be a major shock I'm sure.  I can't wait to meet her!  But of course, I'm glad we still have some time together just the two of us, and to get ready for her of course!

I'm really starting to look forward to all the fun things we have coming up this summer.  I can't wait for our vacation in a couple weeks and of course our baby showers soon after that.  I know these weeks are going to fly by, but I hope I really continue to savor this pregnancy and all the time we spent the two of us preparing for her! 
27 weeks

28 Weeks

28 Weeks

28 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment