Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekly Eats 3/18/12

Sunday - Poppy seed Chicken / Salmon with Creamy Dijon

               


    Jess suggested a great idea to our bible study group to start doing freezer meal swaps.  I love this idea!  Basically whoever wants to participate makes one freezer meal for each person who is also participating.  This time we had Jess, Sarah, Heather, & myself...so I made 3 meals - one for each of the other girls.  They need to be meals that can be kept in the freezer and come with directions for how to cook.  This is such a great idea, because I probably spent less than an hour on a Sunday to make these three meals (I made Cheeze-it Casserole), but in return I get three free nights from cooking and get to try 3 new favorite meals from other families!  Corey is in LOVE with this idea!  
                  Unfortunately, as I was getting the poppy seed chicken out of the oven (Corey's favorite!) and dishing out a bowl for me, I remembered reading in a pregnancy magazine at the doctor's office a few weeks ago that I should not eat poppy seeds because they contain trace amounts of cocaine...BOOOOOO!  Shear disappointment, it was so so good!  I let myself have about 4 bites then decided I needed to have something else.  So I quickly whipped up the same salmon I made last week since it was so easy and so good!  Corey had the poppyseed chicken, I had the salmon.

Monday - BBQ Grilled Chicken, Twice Baked Potatoes & Broccoli
            so nice out!  I love taking advantage of the beautiful weather to grill out!





Wednesday - Crock Pot French Dip Sandwhiches


Thursday - leftovers

Friday - Out - watched the IU game out with friends...unfortunately they lost but it was such a great season!

Saturday - Pesto, Roma Tomato, & Ricotta Pizza (recipe coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment