Sunday, August 2, 2015

17 Weeks

2/25/15

Wow 17 weeks, its pretty incredible!  This pregnancy is still flying by and I'm just so excited to meet this little one.  I have been paying close attention because I remembered this is around when I felt movement last time and I have definitely noticed some in the past week.  Just every once in a while, but it feels so special.  I had my appointment last week and got to hear baby's heartbeat which was in the 150s and my weight gain was 11 pounds.  It was a breath of fresh air to find out baby is healthy.

Our doctor told us about a new blood test this time where we were able to find out the sex as early as 9 weeks.  So we opted to do it and Corey's sister Laura offered to throw us a gender reveal party with our families.  It was just so much fun and I'm so grateful she did it.  It was so sweet to find out with everyone and just made it feel a lot more special.  SO.........we are having a BOY!!!!!  We are pretty dang excited.  We were so completely shocked.  We were both convinced it was another girl and I guess its just hard to imagine having a boy when you are used to a girl - but now, I can't wait and just feel so blessed.

I am feeling great, just have been struggling with the pregnancy hormones.  I just really need to get a handle on them and not let them rule my mood.  Not really having too many symptoms yet, just noticing how quickly my belly is growing this time.  I'm thinking I look around 24 weeks with Reese.  Having tiny bits of back pain and starting to feel the weight of the belly at times, guess things just happen quicker with number two.

17 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment