Sunday, August 2, 2015

39 Weeks

7/29/15

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted since 33 weeks...I also can't believe I'm still pregnant at 39 weeks.  I completely expected to deliver at least by when Reese came, but really even earlier.  The end of this pregnancy has been rough at times emotionally and physically.  I just feel like its been a long road to get here and I can't wait to meet the little man.  I wish I hadn't allowed myself to be so impatient because it has really made the end drag on for sure.  I have been analyzing every little feeling this time thinking -maybe this means I'm going into labor, etc.- and have just been thinking about everything- maybe this is the last time for this before baby comes, etc.  I don't remember doing this with Reese and its going to drive me crazy.  I think I'm just way more excited to hold him in my arms than I was with her where I just didn't really know what to expect.  Well he's still not here and so I just need to stop doing that and trust in God's timing for him.  I know that He is sovereign and He will redeem.

I was 1 cm at 36 weeks, 1.5 at 37, 2+ at 38, and almost 3 today at 39 (so following pretty much exactly what I was with Reese, except I had her at 38 + 6 days).  She said my cervix is about 70% effaced as of now and baby is sitting low in my pelvis.  I also started loosing my mucus plug Saturday, the 25th.  She went ahead and stripped my membranes for me, hoping that would help my body go into labor if its ready (which I didn't feel a thing!).  She has also scheduled me for induction August 4th, one day before my due date and Reese's birthday.  I was feeling so uncomfortable with induction a week ago, but after talking with her about it today, we are going to go forward with it and I feel much better.  She said there is no increased risk for a patient like me (who has had a baby previously, and who's cervix is dialated and softened) for any complications (including C-section which I'm paranoid of) vs going into labor naturally.

I am feeling pretty darn well I would still say!  I stopped exercising at 37 weeks because I was feeling flat out exhausted after doing it.  I have been walking everyday at least once to try to help encourage baby to come and its just nice to continue doing something physical with my body.  Reese, Buster, and me are really enjoying this time in the mornings each day!  I think I still have good energy most days, but am getting more and more uncomfortable.  Its really day to day and even notice I feel pretty good in the mornings, but seem to be getting uncomfortable and run down in the afternoon and evenings.  I have started getting that awful rib pain I had with Reese (but thank goodness it didn't start near as early as it did with her, holy cow).  Its totally when he is up in my ribs and its just awful.  I have been sleeping pretty well, just waking a million times a night to go pee, but can usually go right back to sleep.  I haven't had too much insomnia and the heart burn is pretty managable, but rolling over is basically impossible.  The braxton hicks are still coming strong and much more frequent and intense lately.  I am so glad I don't have to deal with any swelling though.  I am happy with my weight gain, I was nervous at first at how quickly I grew, which goes along with the weight climbing early.  But towards the end I've had appointments where I've stayed the same for a few weeks, leading me to gain 26 pounds so far.  This really doesn't matter as I know my body will do what it needs to, but has just made me feel like I've had healthy pregnancy and it will know what to do again after its over.

 
33 weeks 6 days



34 weeks 6 days


37 weeks 3 days


38 weeks 2 days


39 weeks 1 day




 

No comments:

Post a Comment