Friday, February 10, 2012

Surprise!!!

So I decided when I first got pregnant to start this little blog so I could remember all that I was feeling and the excitement of it all.  This blog is mainly for me, and family & friends that want to read along...as well as anyone else who is interested!  I have been keeping weekly updates,etc. so I will be sharing each post with the date it was written.

December 14, 2011
We are pregnant!!!  How am I feeling?  Well, I am still in complete shock.  I am so incredibly happy and overwhelmed by God's faithfulness.  I was so surprised when it actually happened.  Although, this is really the first month we've been trying that I just had a feeling it might be this month. 

This was the first month I used ovulation tests to pinpoint my most fertile days.  I knew then that my period should fall 14 days after that.  I estimated I would start anytime from Wednesday through Friday (12/7 - 12/9).  When I hadn't gotten my period yet, I decided to take a test Saturday morning (12/10).  I had heard that you have the most accurate results with your first pee, so I woke up at 5:45 a.m. needing to use the restroom and went ahead and took a test.  I could not believe my eyes when it said a big fat "Pregnant".  No faint line, this was a digital test and it just said Pregnant. 

I immediately ran in to tell Corey.  I walked into our room and over to his side of the bed.  I woke him up and told him the news.  Then he reached up his hand to give me a high five (haha) then pulled me into bed to hug me.  We snuggled for a bit and talked, then we decided I should go take another just to be sure...so I did, and it said the same thing! 

I took another test on Monday morning and went in for a blood test Tuesday.  I got the phone call with my results today (Wednesday) that the blood test confirmed I am pregnant.  So that is the little story of how we found out.  I wanted to make sure and get the details and how I felt down for memory of this very special day!

3 comments:

  1. YAYYYY!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! And that I don't have to keep the secret anymore!!! Love you both sooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Me too girl! Glad we can finally share the news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what"s crazy!? We also got pregnant our first month using ovulation strips! I found this blog through your other blog and I'm so excited your doing this!! I hope I get to see you sometime in your pregnancy! So happy for you!!!

    -Brittney Arthur

    ReplyDelete